Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Brandon Heath - Give Me Your Eyes


How many times have we walked past the homeless without a second thought?
How many times have we heard a horrible story about a mother being left with her children because a horrific tragedy happened?
A house burned down in your neighborhood.
Someone once again taking donations for a third world country.

We promise to pray. We promise to give a dollar next time. Often we are so wrapped up in our latest twitter update we don't even notice. We have become so desensitized as a community of believers. Almost cold to that which does not affect us.


Take a moment today. To pray for those who are hurting. For those who are in sick. For those struggling to make ends meet. Not every need is shown in the open.  Let us open our eyes to those that we keep missing, for the broken hearted for the forgotten.

                     
Give me your eyes for just one second

Give me your eyes so I can see,

Everything that I keep missing,
Give your love for humanity.
Give me your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten.
Give me Your eyes so I can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment