Monday, May 16, 2016

DIY: Facial Toner

If you have been following my DIY series, you know by now that I am a fan of making my own products using my essential oils. Here is another easy, cost effective recipe for you!

I recently ran out of my facial toner that I was using for a very long time. Instead of venturing out to the store I decided to make my own with items I already had at home!


DIY: Facial Toner


What You Need:
  • A container to keep your toner in. I used a glass 4 oz spray bottle that I happen to have.
  • 2 oz Witch Hazel
  • 1.5 Distilled or boiled water
  • 15 drops of essential oil/s of your choice. See my recommendations below.


How To:
  • Pour Witch Hazel into designated container
  • Add essential oil/s of choice.
  • Fill rest of container with 1.5 oz distilled/boiled water.

Cost Breakdown:

In this simple DIY, there are only two costs: the Witch Hazel, and the essential oil/s of your choice. I choose not to add the cost of the container because that will vary with what you use.

Witch Hazel - $10.00 per 12 oz bottle. 2 oz cost = $1.66

Recommended essential oils for facial toner ( all prices are wholesale membership prices please email me if you do not have a wholesale membership).

Lavender - $21 per bottle/250 = .084 x 15 drops = $1.26 per recipe

Frankincense - $69.75 per bottle/250 = .279 x 15 drops = $4.19 per recipe

Geranium  - $27.00 per bottle/250 = .108 x 15 drops = $1.62 per recipe

Grapefruit - $16.00 per bottle/250 = .064 x 15 drops = $0.96 per recipe

Total Cost: Between $2.62 -$5.85 per recipe depending on the essential oil you are using

Compared with: This figure will  differ depending on the toner you are currently using. I use Clinque facial toner which is around $14.00. Once again my DIY is cost effective!

















No comments:

Post a Comment