Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Infertility Battles




Ever since I can I remember, I knew I wanted children.When I met my husband, who shared the same passion, I began to dream of a large Catholic family.

As a happily engaged couple, we thought about kitchen counter-tops, traveling we will do, and the idea of me growing my essential oil business, quickly, as we were sure that children would come shortly after marriage. This way I could stay home but still bring in a steady income.

Our engagement lasted 3 years and the anticipation to be husband and wife grew. We welcomed the topic of children when asked and always chuckled when others laughed or cringed when we shared that we would accept the family that God would bless us with , and that we will be very open to life...very... as in we were totally down for TLC to contact us to be the Catholic Duggars. Just kidding. Kind of.



Our wedding came and went, and the questions started. Not at first, but a few months following, after a trail of negative pregnancy tests, the question of " When will you start having children" started becoming a little annoying stick that would poke  and bother me.

We were open to life. Sure finances could be better. Our housing situation isn't ideal. Yes, my business is still growing , and maybe this wouldn't be an ideal to quit my " real job". Regardless of the circumstance, we would welcome a new life with great joy. Month after month, it seemed as if we were given a rejection letter, and once  given a child that was in womb for a short time and went to heaven.



Where were we going wrong? As two healthy, young adults we  really didn't think that we would have much trouble conceiving, but we started to wonder.. is there something wrong?

Talking about infertility, isn't the easiest topic for me to be passionate about. It is so much easier to be positive about modesty, essential oils, Catholicism etc. I thought and prayed about sharing my journey with the internet, knowing that there could be a flock of negative feedback, or make people feel uncomfortable.



To be completely honest it wasn't a topic that I ever considered talking about as I was SURE that we wouldn't have problems. Alas, God works in mysterious ways. I want to be able to share my journey, the tests, the pokes and the prods, the happy and the sad. When I did my research there weren't many personal "testaments" to certain tests that I had done, and I hope to shed light on some of these topics for those going through similar circumstances.


As I share my journey, please be gentle as much of the information in the posts will be intimate both physically and from the heart. I am happy to take any questions, and share " What to Say, What not to Say" to someone that may be experiencing infertility.


As I conclude this post, I should mention that as the moment we are 8 months married, and this may not seem like a long period of time to "try" for a baby, and that it may be "silly" to be looking into fertility treatments. Yes, I realize that both my husband and I are young, and we are thoroughly enjoying our time together. However, I am also very happy that we are looking into fertility treatments now. As Catholics, we are limited to the type of medications, and treatments that we are ethically able to take part in. We would rather, find out now if the possibility of a child is not Gods plan for us and possibly look into other means of parenthood: adoption.

Our fertility journey has already been "happening" for a few months, and due to this, and the want to go into detail, I will break up the journey in a series of posts, that will happen weekly.

Pax Et Bonum



1 comment: