Sunday, May 1, 2016

Saint of the Month: May

Every month, I dedicate my time to learn about a new Saint. I pick this Saint randomly and is often a reflection of my personal struggles and intentions for that month. As Catholics, we do not worship the Saints. We see them as brothers and sisters in Christ who have passed away and have led a life that is reflective of Christ. This does not mean that they were perfect, more often than not many of the Saints struggled spiritually and because they were human they were sinners.  Due to them turning their lives around, or having gone through many trials and tribulations we look to them as human role models that we too, as sinners can turn our lives around and follow Christ fully.



Saint of the Month
St. Gerard


The Facts
Feastday: October 16

Patron of expectant mothers

Death: 1755

Beatified By: January 29, 1893, by Pope Leo XIII

Canonized By: December 11, 1904, by Pope Saint Pius X

St Gaerad's prayers are sought for the children, unborn children, women in childbirth, mothers, expectant mothers, motherhood, falsely accused people, good confessions, lay brothers and Muro Lucano, Italy.




Prayer
O good St Gerard, powerful intercessor before God and wonder worker of our day, confidently I call upon you and seek your aid.  On Earth you always fulfilled God's designs, help me now to do the holy will of God.  Implore the Master of Life, from whom all paternity proceeds, to render me fruitful in offspring, that I may raise up children to God in this life, and in the world to come, heirs to the Kingdom of His Glory. 

Amen.


I look forward to the month of May, as I grow deeper in prayer through the help and intersession of St. Gerard. As my husband and I grow together as a married couple and battle our unexplained infertility, we plan on asking  St. Gerard to help us pray for our family to grow, if God wills it.

We will be praying a novena, for those interested in a St. Gerard novena, you can find it here: St. Gerard Novena




No comments:

Post a Comment